Stitched by Oonagh



Need a dress altering or trousers taking up? Lost weight and none of your clothes fit? I have professional experience in repairs and alterations, but can also make one-off garments for events like proms. If you're interested in vintage patterns, you might find one in my collection which can be adapted to your size.

I'll make sure you get the fit you want, or tell you if it's not going to work.  Recent projects have included 5 vintage style dresses for the Bella Diva operatic group from Radcliffe, and alterations to a wedding dress, tailored jacket, and many trousers and sleeves shortened.

I have a degree in textiles and studied textile technology, but have been sewing all my life, using patterns or copying favourite items.  I've always loved colour, pattern, and fabrics, so have suitcases of favourite lengths of fabric. I love to reuse and restyle existing clothes, and the charity shops in West Bridgford are a great source.

If you'd like to contact me to make an appointment, I'm on: 07913 401580; 0115 8780470; or email oonagh_brett@hotmail.com