Lings Lane Larder

One of my earliest memories is of helping my Grandma to preserve runner beans from her garden by salting them.  I've made jam since I was a teenager and I love, love, LOVE preserving and pickling. My ingredients come from The Fruit Basket in West Bridgford, from friends' and relatives' gardens as well as my own, from the Abundance scheme in Keyworth, from local hedgerows and from the medlar tree in the car park where I work!  The sugars and spices I use are all fairly traded and I take a responsible attitude to foraging by leaving plenty for wildlife. I'm a member of the Slow Food Movement.  Oh, and I sterilise and re-use jars as many times as possible to reduce the impact on the environment.       

Hilary Wellington 
 Lings Lane Larder 
 Home-made preserves and pickles  
lingslanelarder@googlemail.com  
07776284238  
The Rectory  
NG12 5FD